Department: Sales Engineering
Location: Orlando, FL
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Manager, Sales Engineering
Reporting to the Manager of Sales Engineering, the Event Services Representative will provide technical coordination, support, and execution of all major hotel events to one of Guest-tek’s major clients. This position will be based out of a reputable, high end hotel in Orlando.
Co-ordination and Support of Audio Visual Operations
- Determine formats, approaches, content, levels, and mediums to effectively meet objectives within budgetary constraints.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with all standards, policies, and procedures (LSOPs, etc.).
- Assist with implementation and execution of all event technology.
- Participate in event technology operational reviews annually and make suggestions to improve operations.
- Reach out to clients to help manage the business process, set and meet client expectations, and deliver according to budget.
- Provide wired and wireless internet connectivity and Custom Conference Solutions to all meeting rooms.
- Provide technical support to users.
- Schedule on-site technical support personnel from 7:00AM – 7:00PM, Monday through Friday.
Execution of Events
- Responsible for servicing of ALL events.
- Collaborate with Sales, Convention, and Event Managers to develop and coordinate convention events in the property.
- Provide sales support to understand client requirements.
- Price Conference Services including Custom Conference Solutions.
- Schedule on-site technical support personnel for after hours and weekends as conference business demands
- Responsible for quoting all HSIA proposals.
- Provide remote technical support 24/7/365 for AAVC and hotel staff. If necessary, local technical support will be dispatched.
- Work closely with American Audio Visual Center (AAVC).
- Act as the primary contact for guest room escalations.
- Ensure exceptional customer service by providing services that are above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences to understand guest needs and improve services by providing feedback, guidance, and individual coaching where needed.
- Attend regular AAVC Sales/Ops meetings to plan, review, and commit to all upcoming Conference Services needs.
- Lead discussions to review scheduled events and proactively avoid service challenges and failures.
- Inform and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Schedule technicians to ensure proper coverage.
- Act as back-up when AAVC staff are unavailable.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4 years’ experience in audio-visual sales/operations or related professional area
- Technical training with audio-visual and lighting equipment
- 2 year degree from an accredited University in Communication, Computer, and Information Science (or related major)
- 2 years’ experience in audio-visual operations
- Technical training with audio-visual/lighting equipment
- Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with guests/clients, local and national suppliers, staging companies, and audio visual consulting companies.
- Professional demeanor and business professional appearance
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Adaptable to a variable work environment
Guest-tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Is a world leader in what we do. Guest-tek offers rewarding career and development opportunities and we nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our benefits program reflects what employees value the most, including extended health and dental benefits, an emphasis on work-life balance, Employee and Family Assistance program and an education assistance program.
If you are the type of person who thrives in a fun, fast-paced environment and meet or exceed our qualifications requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.