Department: Product Management
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: 12 Month Maternity Leave
Reports to: Product Director – Media and Mobile
The Graphic Designer is responsible for producing original User Interfaces, Splash pages, and other creative artwork and designs for hotel clients worldwide. The successful candidate will have a significant impact on all the media that the company produces for hoteliers from internal to external designs, and must be able to work with various departments and multiple hotel brand decision makers.
Please note: this position is for a 1 year term with an anticipated start date of June 2, 2014 and an end date of June 5, 2015. The selected applicant must be able to complete the full length of the term.
- Maintaining and customizing web-based, mobile, and television user interfaces.
- Reviewing source materials and guidelines provided by clients and producing concept designs.
- Reviewing and implementing client feedback.
- Implementation of designs including creation of image assets, HTML and HTML5.
- Maintenance of existing user interfaces with additions of new content and features.
- Communication and collaboration with members of the development team through all phases of the system life-cycle.
- Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design and Multimedia.
- A portfolio demonstrating skills in both traditional and digital art concepts.
- Extensive Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign experience is required.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe After Effects, and Macromedia Flash.
- Experience working with embedded or mobile device applications is also desirable.
- Proficient at hand-coding standards compliant with HTML and CSS.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a constantly changing environment on both self-directed tasks and team projects.
- Ability to deal directly with clients and other departments to coordinate development, integration, and testing efforts.
- Ability to be responsive to deadlines.
- Strong technical aptitude and exemplary attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Eagerness to continually learn and integrate emerging technologies.
Guest-tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Is a world leader in what we do. Guest-tek offers rewarding career and development opportunities and we nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our benefits program reflects what employees value the most, including extended health and dental benefits, an emphasis on work-life balance, Employee and Family Assistance program and an education assistance program.
If you are the type of person who thrives in a fun, fast-paced environment and meet or exceed our qualifications requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.