Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Technical Training Manager
The Instructional Designer is responsible for overseeing the creation and delivery of basic, intermediate, advanced and special training sessions for all Guest-tek personnel. The primary goal of the Instructional Designer is to serve as the dedicated liaison between various departments within Guest-tek in the development of course content/material and assist as required in the delivery of courses to Guest-tek employees attending Guest-tek University (GTKU). The person in this role will report on progress of the overall level of training requirements and current qualification levels. This position works closely with various Guest-tek departments, including Support Services, Support Leads, Call Center Managers, Research and Development, Project Management, Product Management, Installations, Network Engineering and Sales to meet all training requirements.
- Develop, coordinate and present engaging training programs, including ILT/VILT, and e-learning using multimedia development tools.
- Ensure that all development team members are aware of the course development process.
- Provide an overview of the development process and clarify the roles and responsibilities of team members.
- Negotiate timelines and deliverables for development of course content.
- Provide an orientation to the educational philosophy and approach to online development at GTKU and direct the faculty member to additional course development resources that are pertinent.
- Review and provide feedback on learning activities, assessment and evaluation strategies, course resources, use of discussion groups, course workload, balance between team and individual activities, clarity of the course schedule, use of multimedia, overall course design.
- Review and provide feedback on clarity of language.
- Ensure that course development is on schedule (project management).
- Work with SME’s across the organization to support the development of training programs.
When course development is completed, it is the role of the instructional designer to:
- Provide an orientation to new faculty members on how to manage and facilitate in the online learning environment.
- Review program evaluations and conduct learning program assessments.
- Participate in the quality check process.
- Work on E-Learning creation/development.
- May be required to assist in training of Guest-tek Employees.
- Create, maintain and implement a testing criteria in order to grade agents on technical and customer service skills.
- Maintain the training facilities (student PCs, cabling requirements, testing systems, telephones etc.).
- Maintain knowledge of new software versions/technologies and stay up to date on current events at all Guest-tek properties.
- Additional projects and/or duties as required.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; verbally and written.
- Education/Training – Bachelor’s degree in instructional design/technology, organizational development, educational psychology or a closely related field.
- 3 – 5 years of training experience with technical course development or equivalent experience an asset.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline/Camtasia/Moodle an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Team player.
- Good working knowledge of network topologies and various Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, MAC) an asset.
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team.
- Superior analytical and reporting skills (written/verbal).
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Capable of effectively coordinating with employees in remote locations.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Results driven approach.
- Motivated, reliable, and goal oriented with a proven dedication to customer care excellence.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to multitask with attention to detail.
Guest-tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Is a world leader in what we do. Guest-tek offers rewarding career and development opportunities and we nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our benefits program reflects what employees value the most, including extended health and dental benefits, an emphasis on work-life balance, Employee and Family Assistance program and an education assistance program.
If you are the type of person who thrives in a fun, fast-paced environment and meet or exceed our qualifications requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.