Department: Research and Development
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Director of Interface Development
The Java Software Developer is responsible for providing technical consulting and development of innovative, best-in-class software products.
- Write, modify, integrate and test code for web apps, Android apps, and backend supporting services
- Elicit, document and analyze preliminary requirements.
- Prepare requirements, design and testing documentation.
- Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications.
- Assist with recommendations regarding the use of development tools and technologies.
- Maintain existing programs by making modifications as required.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Propose and undertake special projects.
- Actively pursue professional development and acquire new skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering or comparable experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Java software development.
- Knowledge of object oriented methodologies.
- Experience in applying UML and design patterns to software development.
- Experience in J2EE technologies and Linux an asset.
- Experience with Liferay and JSF an asset.
- Experience with MySQL, stored procedures, data modeling and distributed architechtures an asset.
- Experience with version control systems and regression/automated testing an asset.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical issues with both technical and non-technical people.
- Able to work in a fast paced and structured position yet adapt to a flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Requires minimal supervision.
Guest-tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Is a world leader in what we do. Guest-tek offers rewarding career and development opportunities and we nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our benefits program reflects what employees value the most, including extended health and dental benefits, an emphasis on work-life balance, Employee and Family Assistance program and an education assistance program.
If you are the type of person who thrives in a fun, fast-paced environment and meet or exceed our qualifications requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada