Location: Calgary, AB
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Marketing Manager
The Graphic Designer will work under general supervision to create or coordinate the creation of electronic and/or printed graphic materials. This individual will use extensive knowledge of specialized design concepts, media, and software tools to develop comprehensive layouts and the production of marketing collateral. The Graphic Designer may also coordinate, lead, and guide the work of junior graphic designers and/or students.
- Design electronic and printed materials for trade exhibits, displays, publications, marketing materials, Web sites, and other channels.
- Manage corporate website and update graphics while maintain corporate brand image.
- Create and produce JPEGs, PDFs, Vector, video, clip art, graphs, charts, thumbnail images, and other design elements
- Create electronic page layouts
- Conceptualize and design monthly newsletters, advertisements, brochures, logos, signage, corporate invitations and other exhibits/displays
- Integrate multimedia concepts with technical graphic design elements, as appropriate
- Develop specifications and standards for printing and other production.
- Select the appropriate media and materials (e.g. paper, ink, etc.)
- Inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to corporate standards
- Provides technical graphics assistance to production personnel, content authors, publishers, clients, and/or vendors/service providers
- Participate in marketing strategic planning meetings on a project-by-project basis
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other enterprise content
- Assist with tradeshows when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of direct work experience as a graphic designer
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro)
- Proficient in the use MS Office, Keynote, and WordPress.
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles
- Solid design and conceptual skills
- Strong knowledge of page layout and photographic requirements
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from superiors
- Effective deadline management and project management skills
- Able to identify, select, and coordinate vendors for printing needs
- Strong interpretive skills to analyze technical information and create illustrations
- Ability to develop print specifications
Guest-tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Is a world leader in what we do. Guest-tek offers rewarding career and development opportunities and we nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our benefits program reflects what employees value the most, including extended health and dental benefits, an emphasis on work-life balance, Employee and Family Assistance program and an education assistance program.
If you are the type of person who thrives in a fun, fast-paced environment and meet or exceed our qualifications requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.