Department: Research and Development
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Contract, 1 Year
Reports to: Junior Production System Administrator
The Junior Production Administrator is responsible for the day to day administration tasks of high availability systems.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administration and support of hardware and software systems within the organization.
- Working with Linux services, e.g. Glassfish, Apache, Java, MySQL, etc.
- Maintenance of RPM bundles used within the organization.
- Maintenance of Virtual Systems used within the organization.
- Working with the online community to identify and solve any issues that may arise.
- Creation of documentation for training of others within the department.
- Actively pursue professional development and acquire new skills.
- Minimum 1 year experience working within the Linux environment.
- Understanding of how Linux systems operate.
- Proficient with Linux command line interface.
- Working knowledge of BASH scripting.
- Understanding of Linux Security concepts and implementation.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise with CentOS Linux an asset.
- Working knowledge of Virtual Systems an asset.
- Ability to communicate issues with both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Eager to learn new concepts and technologies and be able to share those ideas.
Guest-tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Is a world leader in what we do. Guest-tek offers rewarding career and development opportunities and we nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our benefits program reflects what employees value the most, including extended health and dental benefits, an emphasis on work-life balance, Employee and Family Assistance program and an education assistance program.
If you are the type of person who thrives in a fun, fast-paced environment and meet or exceed our qualifications requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.