Department: Human Resources
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
The Payroll and Human Resources Assistant is responsible for all Canadian Payroll related administration and accounting, as well as providing support to the human resources department as needed. The selected candidate will also provide as a back-up to payroll for Guest-tek’s employees and contractors in the US.
- Administer & prepare payroll for approval on a semi-monthly basis for Human Resources Manager & Finance team to approve.
- Receive, calculate, and enter in all payroll data including hours worked, overtime, statutory holidays, commissions, expenses, additional taxes, insurance, required deductions, etc.
- Administer new employee additions, changes, promotions, and terminations, including ROE’s & T4’s in ADP.
- Respond to all employee and department payroll inquiries including the Finance team.
- Assistance with weekly and/or monthly payroll & compensation reports as requested.
- Ensuring payroll system is updated with correct deductions & adjustments at all times to comply with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Semi-monthly journal entries and vacation accrual reports.
- Research and resolve paycheck errors if needed.
- Daily filing of all employee information and changes, and payroll runs.
- Learn and provide back up to US payroll as needed.
- Provide support to the Human Resources team as needed.
- Provide back up to receptionist as needed.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Payroll and office administration (ADP experience an asset).
- Preferred: post-secondary degree in accounting with a strong emphasis on payroll.
- Standard knowledge of current legislation related to Payroll/HR.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deal with confidential information with a high degree of professionalism.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Takes initiative to improve processes.
Guest-tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Is a world leader in what we do. Guest-tek offers rewarding career and development opportunities and we nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our benefits program reflects what employees value the most, including extended health and dental benefits, an emphasis on work-life balance, Employee and Family Assistance program and an education assistance program.
If you are the type of person who thrives in a fun, fast-paced environment and meet or exceed our qualifications requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.