Department: Support Services
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Incident Manager
Reporting to the Incident Manager, the Senior Network Specialist is responsible for assisting in the day to day management of tracking, reporting, and analyzing of critical outages impacting clients. The primary goal of the Incident Management Team is to proactively and reactively track, analyze, and report on major outages with the aim of preventing or mitigating recurrence. The Senior Network Specialist will facilitate this by assisting with providing accurate and insightful incident reports, streamlined troubleshooting steps, and recommendations on solutions. This position includes working closely with various Guest-tek departments including; Client Relationship Management, Network Engineering, Sales, Research & Development, Production, and Gear Lab, analyzing all forms of communication from all components of Support and Technical Services. The incumbent will be directly involved with internal escalations.
- Analyze and provide specific RCA data to the Incident Manager
- Act as a SME in the development of training and course material
- Act as a SME on escalations associated with Support Services
- Providing recommendations for improvement of products and solutions
- Occasional travel to client sites for analysis and review of specific high end issues that cannot be resolved remotely
- Ensure established guidelines are followed in order to provide quality service
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a high performing team
- Anticipate risk and issues, ensure appropriate action is taken to mitigate/resolve them
- Ensure sufficient recovery mechanisms and emergency preplans are maintained and available when needed
- Advise the sales team of possible sales opportunities or client cost savings. Example, end of life upgrades, product upgrades, additional services, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; verbally and written
- Assist with creation of monthly (or as required) reports on service results along with an analysis identifying chronic problem areas
- Maintain an awareness of new products, and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned by the Incident Manager
- 5+ years’ experience in Linux Server Administration/troubleshooting, and bash scripting
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical and reporting skills (written/verbal)
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of various Operating Systems (Windows, Linux)
- Capable of effectively coordinating with employees in remote locations
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- Results driven approach
- Motivated, reliable, and goal oriented with a proven dedication to customer care excellence
- Exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to multitask with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage several tasks at once and meet deadlines
- Resilience, patience and an ability to deal diplomatically with any discord
- Ability to interact with both internal and external customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Excellent phone manner
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Team Player (Very important)
Guest-tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Is a world leader in what we do. Guest-tek offers rewarding career and development opportunities and we nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our benefits program reflects what employees value the most, including extended health and dental benefits, an emphasis on work-life balance, Employee and Family Assistance program and an education assistance program.
If you are the type of person who thrives in a fun, fast-paced environment and meet or exceed our qualifications requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.