Department: Research and Development
Location(s): Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Software Development
The User Interface Designer is responsible for creating, maintaining, and customizing web-based, mobile, and television user interfaces, as well as providing support to the Research and Development department.
- Creating, maintaining and customizing web-based, mobile and television user interfaces
- Reviewing source materials / guidelines provided by clients and producing concept designs
- Reviewing and implementing client feedback
- Implementation of designs including creation of image assets, HTML and CSS
- Maintenance of existing user interfaces with additions of new content and features
- Communication and collaboration with members of the development team through all phases of the system life-cycle
- Strong understanding of CSS versions 1–3
- Solid design skills and experience with common industry tools, including the Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient at hand-coding standards compliant HTML and CSS
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfort with command line Linux a definite asset
- Knowledge of software design best-practices
- Experience with XML, JSON and other data transmission mechanisms
- Knowledge of PHP or other server side development environments a definite asset
- Experience with Javadoc or a similar code documentation framework
- Familiarity with Git, Subversion, CVS or other team-based software version control systems
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or other database systems
- Experience working with embedded or mobile devices
- Ability to work well under pressure in a constantly changing environment on both self-directed tasks and team projects
- Ability to deal directly with clients and other departments to coordinate development, integration and testing efforts
- Eagerness to continually learn and integrate emerging technologies
Guest-tek Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Is a world leader in what we do. Guest-tek offers rewarding career and development opportunities and we nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our benefits program reflects what employees value the most, including extended health and dental benefits, an emphasis on work-life balance, Employee and Family Assistance program and an education assistance program.
If you are the type of person who thrives in a fun, fast-paced environment and meet or exceed our qualifications requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.